Background and Goals
Long Lasting Memories (LLM) is an EU project aiming at an integrated ICT platform combining state-of-the-art cognitive exercises and physical training integrated into the framework of an advanced ambient assisted living environment (AAL smart home).
Combination cognitive exercises and physical activity LLM delivers an effective countermeasure against age-related cognitive decline, thus actively improving the quality of life of the elderly and significantly prolonging the time they can remain independent at home.
LLM offers support to elderly people and their relatives and families by:
- monitoring of day to day activities of senior citizens and identifying imminent hazards,
- increasing their self-esteem and alleviate symptoms relevant to cognitive decline and potential depression,
- carrying out fitness training.
The following video shows how the projects idea is pursued after the projects end by the project coordinator “Aristotle University of Thessaloniki”.
The project LLM was funded within the framework of CIP ICT-PSP-Program by the European Union.
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Universität Konstanz
- Athena Research Institute for Language and Speech Processing
- Tero LTD
- Investigacion y Desarrollo Informatico EIKON SL
- Fundación Intras
- E-Seniors: Initiation des Seniors aux NTIC Association
- Global Security Intelligence Limited
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- University of Cyprus
- Municipality of Schwechat
- CEIT RALTEC